turning 4 may seem easy for some. But turning 4 is a big deal to me and my lil L. I felt that he grew alot this year, not just in physical growth but in other aspects of development as well such as cognitive and social.
There was a moment I was worried he was slow. Read: delayed development. Cos he took so long to reach the milestones meant for his age. Then suddenly our Lil I decided to have a growth spurt.. Then it also took me a while to realized that I was placing such high expectations of him that I lost focus. But now that I have shifted my focus to him celebrating his milestones and achievement, things seem to have a little change. He grew and he bloomed. Indeed a watched bloomer don't bloom. Just be supportive and he he will thrive.
Here are his recent achievements..
- writes some alphabets of his name
- can sight read some words
- using scissors with one hand and cut a straight line, sometimes curve
- hugs and worry about younger or crying baby
- dress and undress independently
- full toilet trained even at night - except for poo in the diaper still
- talks logic such as understand weather and why things can't be done at times, argue at times and even demanding for things
- better control in temperament. Understands responsibility i.e. near consequence if he misbehaves
What a long list right? Perhaps this is just another reminder child rearing isn't just about academic expectations.
What's your expectations of your child?




No comments:
Post a Comment