Call me lucky or unlucky but I have had never any experience handling the paperwork for my helpers for their home leave till of recent.
Liked I mentioned in my previous post, here are some of the documents that you are required to prepare for submission that the Philipines Embassy before sending your PH domestic helper home.
On the documents submission day:
Requirements for the authenticated Employment Contract:
- Two (2) copies of Standard Employment Contract (Original)* – All pages of the contract should be signed by the employer and the worker.
- Two (2) copies of Undertaking of an Employer (Original)*
- Two (2) copies of Work Permit (plus 1 copy for passport renewal)
- Two (2) copies of Passport (plus 1 copy for passport renewal)
- One (1) copy of Employer’s IC
- Seven Thousand Singapore Dollars (S$7,000.00) Performance Bond from a reputable Insurance Company (Original) - I gotten mine from NTUC Income for $70+
- One (1) copy of the Ten Thousand Dollar Medical Insurance (MOM)
*the softcopy of these documents can be found from the Philippines Embassy website.
Be prepared to pay a $42.50 for the process of authentication of home leave, a $17.00 for verification.
On your first visit to the Philippines Embassy, do prepare all the above documents otherwise it will be a invalid trip. Also remember that flipflop slippers are not allowed upon entry to the Embassy.
You will and should be directed to Window 1 to do your submission. Remember to collect your collection slip for your contract, it should state a date of about a week later. Then proceed to book your OEC date at the Philippines Embassy website.
TIP #1 : if you want to save a trip down to the embassy, book a OEC date on the same day as your contract collection date, this should help speed things up for collection.
Also get your helper to apply for these before the documents collection day.
- OWWA membership - $42
- PAG-IBIG membership - $6
*both of this can be apply at the Philippines embassy or at Lucky Plaza - click here for more details.
On the documents collection day:
Bring along 3x print out of the OEC application form and also your contract collection slip. Also bring along a print out of your helper's air ticket for verification.
TIP #2: buy extra baggage for your helper as they are bound to carry TONS of things home for their home leave. We paid $26 extra for her to bring back 40 kg worth of stuff!
Once all the documents are ready, you will be collecting:
- valid authenticated contract
- Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC)
The contract will look something like this.
Be prepare to pay a $3 for the OEC.
Viola! Your helper is ready to go home!
But also be ready for a at least 10-14 days of maidless day! Well there are still 4 more days to the return of my auntie and we survived so far with a pri school goer, a toddler and a big tummy! #achievementunlocked for me definitely!
Hope my post help you in a way or two :)