Monday, April 14, 2014

Trip to Melbourne.. Part 2 of 5

As we had close to almost a week to be spent at Melbourne, we thought it was a good idea to go for a day trip. So after contemplating with a few places, we decided to just go for a day trip to visit the 12 apostles. Seriously thank goodness we only decided on ONE day trip. Because staying in the coach for more than 3 hours is simply not recommended for a pregnant woman nor a young child. Anyway here was

Day 3 - 20 March 2014 Sightseeing Day trip
12 Apostles and Loch Ard Gorge



Weather check before setting off at 740am.
Yawn.
Brrrr.. coldest since we arrived.


Us all nicely tucked up on board the coach at 830am.
Pardon my stone face.


Very victorian architecture is still visibly preserved in this modern yet historic city. 


After 2.5 hours of being on the coach, we reached.. our destination for lunch.


The sun was shining so brightly, bringing away the chill we had this morning.


Along the way to the 12 apostles, the young children were getting edgy in their seats.


In moments like these, I have only the Lord to thank for.
Notice how blue the sky is.
By the way, all the photographs taken during this trip were all taken with my humble iphone5 and usually taken without filters.


After another 2 hours+ on the coach, we finally arrived!




Upon arrival, we were told only 7 apostles were left standing.
Click here to read more about the 12 apostles.

At that point of the day, we suspected the weather was about 23'c 
So extremely hot that we didnt mind spending more than AUD$12 on a bottle of drink and some ice cream.


Oh yes.. AUD$4 on average for a ice cream.
Ouch.


Then we moved on to look for Loch Ard Gorge.



Obviously my little man was very happy to know that was sort of our last stop of the day. Before we had to set on a 3hours+ coach ride again.


And someone is getting so comfortable with the fine sand underneath his feet. How i wish we could stay there for a longer time as I was so happy to see Isa enjoying himself. Sand and I just don't click. Bleh.


Happy lil man posing with the coach and at the driver's seat!

Soon.. We were on our way back to the city.
Nothing shot as we were all dead tired from the coach ride.
Can someone tell me please don't EVER follow a day tour again?

By the time we reached back to city, it was already dusk. We grabbed a quick dinner at MacD (oh yes.. again.. just to pacify the lil man).

Then we saw Big W and Woolworths and their closing time was 12mn!


hip hip hooray!
I managed to grab some clothes and a pair of wellies for Isa for less than AUD$20!


Over at Woolworths, we grabbed some groceries on the way back home.. dont ask us how we spend and carried over AUD$60 of products home without using plastic bags.
But of course, before heading out that day, we already brought along our own recycled bags. 
The culture of recycling over in Aussie is so strongly advocated by the  locals, I wonder how long SG needs to take to build such a fantastic culture as so often whenever I uses a recycle bag in the supermarket, everyone peeved me like an alien.

Soon Day 3 came to an end, but as we took so many naps in the coach, I had to stay awake to Skype with my ah lao and princess!


Dora, mama miss you so much!
This cute thing happened when I was trying to Skype with Dora. She was literally digging the handbag that I often use. She kept digging out items from the bag and keep calling "mama, mama". Sort of a call that those items belong to me. I actually thought it was her way of signalling that she misses me. Oh my little sweetheart.

I think I seriously underestimated my Melbourne Series as all in all I took about and definitely over 500+ pictures. I am trying to see if I can compile them into a 5 part series for now.

Previously in Part 1.
More in the next Melbourne series..






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...