After reading my dear friends Jenn's and Pat's posts about their preparation for their children earlier this month and I had to put myself down for reflection for this phase of Isa's life. Just to clarify that Isa is ONLY going on to P1 in 2014.
Thus I felt so inspired to jot down my thoughts for the above topic.
Before I embark to write a series on this topic. Here are some points that pop out in my mind:
- How early did you all started preparing yourself and your child for this phase?
- 2 yr before or more?
- Do you think a good preschool is a good stepping stone?
- What did you do to prepare your child?
- In terms of academic and emotional.
- What is your take on how much is enough?
- I met this mum who sends her 5 yr old son and he is attending 7 enrichment classes and she still think it is not enough!
- I have also met another mom who only send her 5 yr old son to a chinese enrichment class and she felt it was enough.
- I have meet parents who don't send their children to any enrichment classes before they go to primary school.
- Survival skills
- how do you transit your child (who grow up in a typical childcare or a kindergarten) to a school that is so HUGE~
I shall share with you more of what I do as a parent to prepare my darling son for this very important phase of his life.
Jenn's badge on "Starting Primary 1"