Friday, October 19, 2012

Foodie Friday.. Comfort food

Everyone has a comfort item and for me, having good food makes me comfy.
Food that makes me comfy are food that I can eat tons of them and I will never get sick them.
So these are the food that give me my soul the comfort, especially when I am down.


Home baked portobello mushrooms with parmesan and pasta sauce.

Ready to eat in 30min
(including a 20min to soak the mushroom after wash).

Preparation method: 
  • After draining the mushrooms, cut off the stem of the mushroom.
  • Place them in a flat surface (say a ceramic plate or even the metal plate from the oven).
  • Sprinkle pasta sauce (your desired amount).
  • Sprinkle parmesan cheese flakes.
  • Bake for 15min at 170-175 deg Celsius.
  • Ready to serve.




Chuwanmushi (or better know as steamed eggs)

Ready to eat in 15minutes

Prepation method:
  • Crack your desired number of eggs*, I did 3 eggs
  • Add 120ml of water and a pack of soup stock**
  • Add condiments such as crab stick or corn bits
  • Put it to steam for 10min
  • Ready to serve

*rule of thumb for eggs and water
for every 1 egg, add 40ml of water.
**I forgot the brand of the soup stock


Did I also say this chawanmushi is Isa's favourite too?



3 comments:

DinoMama said...

Is that how they do the chawamushi? I thought there were mixture for it? But yours sounds good too. I'll have to find the chawamushi cup if I wanna do this kekeke~

Ai Sakura said...

I love baked mushrooms with melted cheese!! yummy...

Ai @ Sakura Haruka

Connie Huang Low said...

Jen: yaya there is the soup stock that I didnt type in! hahahah..

Ai: oh yeah.. melted cheese on mushrooms. yums!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...