Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Baby in the tummy @ 26 weeks

Measuring your baby from top to toe with his legs extended, he is about 14 inches/35.6 centimetres. He weighs a little more than 1.6 pounds/ 760 grams. Your baby's eyes begin to open around now. Response to sound grows more consistent toward the end of the seventh month, when the network of nerves to the ear is complete. He also continues to take small breaths and although he's only breathing in water and not air, it's still good practice for when he's born.

Since your baby is now growing so fast, and brain development is so intense at this stage, your
nutrition is very important. Continue to eat a well-balanced diet that includes plenty of grains and vegetables. Fibre-rich foods, including whole-grain breads and cereals, lentils and brown rice are high in vitamin B and help fend off constipation. Your antenatal classes should start sometime in the next few weeks, if it hasn't already. Classes should provide you with good, clear information about the birth and the early days of parenthood. Keeping informed goes a long way toward calming any concerns you may have about giving birth.


Hi again guys.. that day one of my best friend just commented that I had not been updating my blog *busy busy* hee.. so thought come up with this entry and also to share some thoughts with you guys.. sometimes I still don't believe that I am going to be a mummy.. ya laff at me if you want to but I reckon having baby kicking inside me is such a wonderful feeling, esp when I am not feeling well and I talk to baby about it, then he will kick me to respond. Haha.. guess next time he will only probably dazed at me ba.. :D oh.. and if you were wondering why am I typing this blog in the middle of my working hours? ya I am try to de-stress myself amidst this busiest period of the year.. 180 observations to do, progress report checklist to do, practice concert dance songs with my K1 and K2.. mayb not sounds bad to you but then again I guess being pregnant and to handle all these tasks at the same time is really not an easy job to do.. just wish me the best of luck and hope Nov pass smoothly.. *pray hard* Dec will be a better month.. really looking forwad to Jan when I will start my maternity leave.. *whistle*

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...